The Wine Route
The expectation generated by everything that surrounds the exciting world of wine, and in this region those words are not devoid of meaning as their mythical wines have in fact crossed borders, has given rise to an exciting common project, led by all types of wineries, wine tourism companies, hotels, restaurants, museums, wine collections, with the aid of all municipalities in the area.
It is the Rioja Alavesa Wine Route, an itinerary offering activities throughout the entire year with the support of various institutions in Alava and the Basque country, which aims to foster a new concept of tourism. Travelers can enjoy unique experiences at vineyards and wineries, the beauty of the landscapes during their getaway, as well as attractions like specialized festivals, popular fairs and exhibitions, antique car rallies, sports marathons, custom excursions. Then there are the cosy and charming inns, rural houses and hotels where guests can spend the night, or savour true local cuisine, blessed by a prodigious offering of local produce, legumes, vegetables, cold and fresh meats, and sweets that have since long inspired some of the best and most popular dishes and recipes.
- Places that you should not miss…
- A visit to the Marques del Riscal winery in El Ciego: The Wine City of Marqués de Riscal
- The Wine Museum in Laguardia: Villa Lucía Wine Theme Centre
- Wine therapy treatments at Wine Oil Spa Villa de Laguardia
- The Wine collections of Labastida, Laguardia and Leza: El Laguito de Mikiza, Landa, Arburi and DiVino
More information on the Rioja Alavesa Wine Route